Saturday 18 August 2012

Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls

Summary: Sam Oliver McQueen is an eleven-year-old child, terminally ill with leukaemia, who, during one of his special education sessions decides to write a book about his life. In the book he talks about his life while being ill, the things he'll remember when he dies and, in a section called "Things I want to do", Sam makes numerous lists of questions. With the help of his teacher and friend Felix Stranger (who is also ill with cancer), they conduct various experiments, Sam and Felix break world records (including the world's smallest night club).

I read this book when I was in 7th or 8th grade in junior high. I thought that this book was based on a true story because I remembered when I was going to buy this book, I heard some of people talked about it, but no, it was realistic fiction. Yes, it was sad. Especially the part when Felix died. Things just got miserable in the end. Oh yeah, I read this in Indonesian Language, because I can't find the English one. In Indonesian, the titled is Setelah Aku Pergi or in English: After I'm Gone. The cover was a bit more calmer than the English version, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment