Saturday 14 July 2012

For One More Day by Mitch Albom

Summary: Charley “Chick” Benetto, a former baseball player who encounters a myriad of problems with his career, finances, family and alcohol abuse. This leads him to become suicidal. Charley goes on a drunken rampage and decides he is going to end his life in his old home town, but when he misses the exit, he turns around driving down the wrong side of the highway causing an accident, Charley flees to his old home – his suicide attempt an apparent failure – to see his mother, who had died eight years prior.

Benetto returns to his old family home, and spends one more day with his mother, wherein a number of previously unknown factors related to his difficult childhood and troubled relationship with his father are revealed to him. His mother assists him in resolving his issues and getting his life back on track. The day ends when Benetto regains consciousness at the scene of the accident in a police officer's arms.


One of the saddest novel that I ever read. More likely, it's about love of a mother and a son, and about baseball. Especially when Chick Benetto found out the truth about her parents marriage, why his father evicted by his mother when he was still a child. I cried when I read this book. For One More Day is really easy to read and short novel (about 200 pages). The minus is some said that the story is almost the same like his previous novel, The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Well, I haven't read that book, though). 
If I have some time, I would read his another novel that called, Have a Little Faith, if you guys already read it, tell me, is it good or not? Because I already bought it last year and I still haven't read it.


p.s On Monday, I already have school activities, holidays are officially over *sigh*. Maybe I'm going to post something on my blog, but not as often as when it's holiday. Next year, I'm going to be in university! Wish me luck. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment